Thailand is a country that has been developed in the field of transport compared with other Southeast Asian countries, from the sea, rivers, land, until the air all here. Now how do you choose the route. Here are some transportation routes used by tourists and local people of thailand:
Get in Transport to Thailand from abroad
Thailand has several international airports with good quality in Southeast Asia such as Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Hat Yai and U-Tapao (Pattaya). With the development of the budget carrier lately, many airlines are offering tickets at attractive prices, for example, of the Singapore-Thailand or Jakarta – KL – Thailand. Ask your travel agent or airline about the packages available.
Several flights to Thailand from various countries in Southeast Asia such as Thai Airways, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Kuwait Airlines, Royal Brunei, Valuair / Jetstar, Air Asia and Silk Air.
Using Railway of paths Singapore – Malaysia – Thailand, from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur with ticket prices starting at U.S. $ 5 to U.S. $ 20, from Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth (Penang) ticket price from U.S. $ 5 to U.S. $ 20, then from Butterworth to Bangkok fares starting at U.S. $ 35. Or the other route is more efficient and faster, from Kuala Lumpur to Hat Yai with ticket prices ranging from U.S. $ 10 to U.S. $ 14, and from Hat Yai to Bangkok with ticket prices starting at U.S. $ 6 to U.S. $ 25. Or use another variation is from Penang to Bangkok (from Hualamphong Station) with a ticket price of around U.S. $ 40. Starting from 14:00 and 11:00 arriving the next day.
for ticket information and schedule of train departures, please open the official website for the railway company in Thailand and Malaysia in www.ktmb.com.my and www.railway.co.th. Or use the luxurious Orient Express train route Bangkok – Butterworth – Kuala Lumpur – Singapore course with a more expensive price.
There are three land crossings at the border of Thailand and Malaysia, which is in the province of Songkhla, Yala and Narathiwat. As for Thailand, Laos, China and Myanmar will build a new road linking the four countries. Thailand’s border with Cambodia is located in Aranyaprathet, opposite the city of Poi Pet in Cambodia. While thailand border with Laos is located in Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai near the Mekong River.
Crossing the Ocean
There are some cruise ships that serve international routes thailand. For routes with Southeast Asian region could use a cruise ship Superstar Virgo (The route from Singapore to Phuket), Superstar Gemini (from Singapore transiting Bangkok Ko Samui and then on to the last stop in Sihanoukville), Rent a Yacht in Phuket or Pattaya.
For a more efficient version, there are several ferries which serves the Malaysia – Thailand, such as from Kuala Perlis towards Satun (Thailand southwest corner), Langawi route towards Satun and Phuket (schedule depending on the season), and Kota Bahru route towards Ban Taba (beach eastern Thailand)
Transport in the Region Thailand
- Route Information Thai Airways serves almost all provinces of Thailand.
- Information Bangkok Airways route linking Bangkok to Ko Samui, Trat, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Sukhothai, Pattaya, and Bangkok to Guilin, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Siem Reap, Hiroshima, Luang Prabang, Phnom Penh, Xi’an, Yangon, Zhengzhou and Jinghong.
- Air Transport Asia linking Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Hat Yai, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Phuket, Krabi, Narathiwat, Surat Thani, Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Hanoi, Macau, Xiamen Penang, Phnom Penh, Singapore and Yangon.
- Nok Air Flight connect Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Udon Thani, Hat Yai, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Trang, Loei, and from Chiang Mai to Udon Thani and Mae Hong Son.
- Air PB Air connects Bangkok, Lampang, Nan, Mae Hong Son, Buri Ram, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Roi-Et, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, and Bangkok to Danang (Vietnam)
- Transportation by Orient Thai Airline include Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Khon Kaen, Hat Yai, Krabi, Surat Thani, and Bangkok – Hong Kong, Bangkok – Incheon (Korea), and Phuket – Hong Kong.
Specific flight at a specific time
- To Hua Hin: full flight panorama with SGA
- Phuket and surroundings: Destination Air Shuttle departs every 2 hours from Phuket International Airport to Krabi, Koh Lanta, Similan, Koh Racha, Phi Phi Island and Khao Lak.
State Railway of Thailand operates on four channels, namely the North, Northeast, East and South, and achieve all provinces except Phuket. Trains are divided into Special Express, Express, Rapid and Ordinary. The main station is the Hua Lamphong (Bangkok Station), located near the intersection of Rama IV and Krung Kasem. Trains can also be used from Samsen station on Rama VI road. Information and thailand train schedule can be viewed at www.railway.co.th.
Schedule and Inter-City Bus Routes
- Route to Pattaya, Rayong, Trat and other eastern areas may depart from the Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekamai) located at 300 Soi 40, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok 10110.
- Route to Chiang Mai and the Northern objectives can depart from the Northern and Northeastern Bus Terminal (Mochit 2) located at 999 Kamphaengphet 2 Road, Bangkok 10900
- The route to the west and southwest to depart from the Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai) located at 147 Boromratchonnani Road, Bangkok 10700.
Using Ferries and boats
Another way to get around Bangkok is by boat along the Chao Phraya river. The ferry was met with BTS Skytrain Saphan Taksin station.
Information and Departure Skytrain (BTS) and Subway (MRT)
BTS operates in two tracks, namely Sukhumvit and Silom, and the two met at the station SIAM (right next to Siam Paragon). While the BTS and MRT stations such as connected in some Asoke BTS station to Sukhumvit MRT station, BTS Sala Daeng with MRT Silom and BTS Mo Chit to MRT Chatuchak Park. Information can be found at www.bts.co.th BTS and MRT to information can be found at www.bangkokmetro.co.th. In the BTS site also contains information about some of the attractions and shopping are within walking distance of each station.
Hiring Taxi, taxi-motorcycle and tuk-tuk
There are also taxis and tuk-tuk for you to use anywhere. Make sure the meter is turned on before you set off. For the tuk-tuk, agree the price first before boarding. If there is a taxi or tuk-tuk which invites you to stop by another store, be careful.